Sports Premium Funding
We have been able to use our Sports Premium funding to support a wide range of sports at High Bank School. To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport our school, our sport development programme includes:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy and active lifestyles. We do this through the use of qualified sports coaches for our PE lessons, in partnership with Legacy Sport.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school. We do through this through engaging in a wide range of sports competitions in our 10 Primaries Partnership including football, netball, cross country running and athletics. In addition, we provide a range of after school sports clubs including dance, circuit training, multi skills, netball and football.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport. We do this by supporting the professional development of our teachers and through working alongside professional coaches to develop their skills.
- A broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils. High Bank School has an active sports programme and we have developed the opportunities for children to take part in netball, football, athletics, cross country running, dance, adventurous outdoor activities, rounders, Bikeability and much more.
- Increased participation in competitive sport. To develop a competitive element to sport here at High Bank School, we have introduced ‘houses’ for the different areas of the curriculum including sports. We hold sports competitions between houses and award a special trophy to the winning house each term. You can keep an eye on the running total of points for each house on our Home page. In addition,we take part in a range of sporting competitions within our 10 Primaries Partnership.
In recognition of our hard work and inclusive opportunities for all, we have been awarded the
Sainsburys School Games Gold Mark for 2018-2019 and 2019-20