Latest OFSTED report has been published.
High Bank Junior Infant and Nursery School has been graded as 'Good' following its recent OFSTED inspection. The report highlights the improvements made since the last inspection and details that the school is good because:
- The senior leadership team has a clear vision for the school and has steadily improved the quality of teaching and outcomes for pupils;
- The governing body has supported school leaders in bringing about recent improvements. Their good knowledge and understanding of school data has enabled them to challenge leaders to continue to improve;
- Teachers and other staff share a common aim to do the best for all the children in their care. They work very hard to ensure that pupils make good progress from a variety of starting points;
- The curriculum is exciting and is enriched with many oportunites to deepen pupils' learning;
- Early Years staff are skilled at ensuring that planned learning meets the needs of pupils and this enables them to make good progress overall;
- Pupils are clear about how to behave, both inside and outside lessons. They understand the importance of being polite and respectful to each other, staff and visitors;
- Pupils clearly enjoy coming to school; this is reflected in attendance figures which are currently higher than the national average. The very popular breakfast club is attended by almost half of all pupils and ensures that many have a nutritious and calm start to the day.
For a full copy of the report, please look in the information section under statutory information.