Sports Premium Funding
We have been able to use our Sports Premium funding to support a wide range of sports at High Bank School. To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport our school, our sport development programme includes:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy and active lifestyles. We do this through the use of qualified sports coaches for our PE lessons, in partnership with Legacy Sport.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school. We do through this through engaging in a wide range of sports competitions in our 10 Primaries Partnership including football, netball, cross country running and athletics. In addition, we provide a range of after school sports clubs including dance, circuit training, multiskills, netball and football.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport. We do this by supporting the professional development of our teachers and through working alongside professional coaches to develop thier skills.
- A broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils. High Bank School has an active sports programme and we have developed the opportunites for children to take part in netball, football, athletics, cross country running, dance, adventurous outdoor activities, rounders, Bikeability and much more.
- Increased participation in competitive sport. To develop a competitive element to sport here at High Bank School, we have introduced ‘houses’ for sport. The houses are named after Yorkshire Olympians and are called Ennis House, Adams House, Clancy House and Brownlee House. We hold sports competitions between houses and award a special trophy to the winning house each term. You can keep an eye on the running total of points for each house on our Home page. Our current house trophy holders for 2014 - 2015 are Adams House. Congratulations to them for their total score of 638 points. In addiiton, we take part in a range of sporting competitions within our 10 Primaries Partnership.
We have been awarded the Silver Sports Mark Award for 2015-16! Watch out Tokyo 2020, we have some children coming for you!